- Fifth Book Drive for Pediatric Cancer Patients at UNC
- UNC Libraries and campus partners are now collecting children’s books for the Book Fairy, an organization that donates books to the Pediatric Oncology Clinic at the North Carolina Children’s Hospital. During this fifth anniversary year of the cooperative effort, organizers expect the five-year total number of books collected to top ten thousand.
|When||Nov 04, 2013 to Dec 05, 2013 (US/Eastern / UTC-500)|
|Web||Visit external website|
|Add event to calendar||iCal|
New and gently used books for ages one through mid-teen are welcome. The need is especially great for English and Spanish-language board books, the sturdy picture books made for young children. Also needed are books featuring children and families of many cultures.
The Bull’s Head Bookshop will offer a 25 percent discount on children’s books purchased for donation to the book drive. At the time of purchase simply mention the phrase “Book Fairy” to the staff.
Donation boxes are in the following locations:
- Davis Library lobby
- Undergraduate Library lobby
- Wilson Library lobby
- Health Sciences Library, 1st floor lobby
- Law Library
- School of Information and Library Science, Manning Hall lobby
- Bull’s Head Bookshop
- School of Education, Peabody Hall, Student Affairs Office lobby, 1st floor
- School of Social Work, Tate-Turner-Kuralt Building lobby
- FedEx Global Education Center, Peacock Atrium
- N.C. Children’s Hospital lobby
The drive will run Nov. 4 through Dec. 5, 2013. The Friends of the Library will wrap up the drive by accepting donated books at the annual Winter Stories program on Thursday, Dec. 5, at 5 p.m., in the lobby of Wilson Library.