Female Breast Cancer Patients Invited to Participate in Free Walking Program
What does the study require of participants?
- Engage in a 6-week self-directed (independent) walking program and to maintain a daily walking diary.
- Complete two surveys – one at the beginning and a second at the end of the 6-week walking program.
- Participate in a personal interview (30-45 minutes) for your views on the program.
Research Participants will receive:
- A free participant Walk With Ease workbook and free pedometer
- $25 gift card for completion of two questionnaires and 6-week walking diary
- $25 gift card for 30-45 minute post-walking interview
To be eligible, you must:
- Be age 65 or older
- Currently on aromatase inhibitor (AI) therapy
- Have self-reported arthritis or joint pain or stiffness
- Have Stage I, II or III breast cancer diagnosis (most recent diagnosis)
- Be English speaking
To participate in this research study, please contact Betsy Hackney at 919-966-0574 or by email at email@example.com.