Launched in 2003 as the U.S. component of the L’Oréal-UNESCO for Women in Science International Fellowship program, the U.S. Fellowships aim to:
- Raise awareness of the contribution of women to the sciences
- Identify exceptional female researchers in the U.S. to serve as role models for younger generations
Candidates who would like to apply may visit: http://lorealfwis.aaas.org.
All applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Must have a conferred Ph.D. and have started in their postdoctoral position by July 1, 2016. They must also maintain that status throughout the Fellowship year
- Must be involved in basic research in the life and physical/material sciences, engineering & technology, computer science and mathematics
- Cannot be in a faculty position
- Must commit to at least twenty hours of activity in support of women and girls in science (e.g. mentoring, classroom visits, media, events)
For more information about the Fellowships, visit the L’Oréal USA Fellowships for Women in Science program webpage.
To view a PDF of the frequently asked questions regarding the program, please click here.
The American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS), which is dedicated to advancing science around the world, is the official administrator for the L’Oréal USA Fellowships for Women in Science Program. In this capacity they:
- Process fellowship grants payments
- Collect and review interim and final progress reports
- Facilitate professional networking opportunities for all interested L’Oréal USA Fellowships for Women in Science grant recipients
Application Deadline: May 19, 2016
For more information please visit their website: http://www.aaas.org/page/l-or-al-usa-fellowships-women-science