William P. Janzen
- Molecular Therapeutics
- Professor of the Practice, Director
- UNC-Chapel Hill
- 2092 GMB Chapel Hill, NC 27599
Area of Interest
The Center for Integrative Chemical Biology and Drug Discovery was created with the mission of bringing dedicated medicinal chemistry expertise to bear on biological targets of therapeutic relevance under investigation by UNC faculty. Synthetic chemists, assay development and compound profiling scientists will work in the Center and create dedicated, multidisciplinary project teams with other groups on campus in order to progress targets through the drug discovery and development process.
In my role as Director of Assay Development and Compound Profiling (ADCP), I work closely with UNC researchers from many departments to collaboratively advance drug discovery targets at all stages. These collaborations can range from consultation on methods to Co-PI funded research programs.
Awards and Honors
- North Carolina Biotechnology Authority - 1993 Charlie Taylor Award
- Society for Biomolecular Screening - 1997 President's Award
- Society for Biomolecular Screening - 2002 President?s Award