- Be U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
- Be enrolled at NCCU as sophomores or juniors at the time of application.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above at the time of application.
- Basic Cancer Research applicants must have completed an introductory biology, introductory chemistry and organic chemistry. These classes should be listed on the application as relevant courses.
- Public Health applicants should list under relevant courses any biology or health education courses they have taken.