The Thomson-Reuters media and information firm recognized six members of the UNC Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center in its annual release of "The World's Most Influential Scientific Minds: 2014," which lists the top researchers in science around the globe. The list includes 3,200 researchers whose work has placed them among the top 1 percent of most cited scholars in their subject field.
UNC Lineberger members on the 2014 list include:
- Alexander Kabanov, PhD, Molecular Therapeutics
- Stanley Lemon, MD, Immunology and Virology
- Karen Mohlke, PhD, Cancer Genetics
- Seth Noar, PhD, Cancer Prevention and Control
- Charles M. Perou, PhD, Cancer Genetics
- Barry Popkin, PhD, Cancer Prevention and Control
Thomson Reuters analysts assessed papers indexed between 2002 and 2012 in 21 broad fields of study. They tracked authors who published numerous articles that ranked among the top one percent of the most cited in their respective fields in the given year of publication. These documents represent research that the scientific community has judged to be the most significant and useful.
The full list is available at the Highly Cited Researchers website at http://highlycited.com.