To create a nation-leading cancer research effort and to reduce North Carolina's cancer burden. UCRF is accomplishing these goals through:
- Discovery to better understand the causes and course of cancer;
- Innovation to create new and better ways to prevent, diagnose and treat cancer; and by stimulating
- Delivery of improved cancer care, screening and prevention across the state.
- Kay Yow Cancer Fund awards $1 million research grant to UNC Lineberger
- Promising new therapy in a smaller package
- UNC Lineberger discovery goes from the lab to the patient with FDA approval