MD, MPH, FACP
Professor, Internal Medicine; Adjunct Professor, Health Behavior
Cancer Prevention and Control
CV or Biosketch
Area of interest
Dr. Pignone, a general internist and epidemiologist, studies cancer-related decision making and cancer screening, particularly for colorectal cancer. He holds an Established Investigator (K05) award from the National Cancer Institute for mentoring in cancer decision making research.
Awards and Honors
1. Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society
2. Milton Hamolsky Award, SGIM National Meeting, San Francisco, CA.
3. Elected to Eugene Mayer Honor Society for Community Service 2003
4. Australian-American Health Policy Fellow – Australian Department of Health and University of Sydney 2010
5. Distinguished Investigator Award, UNC Sheps Center for Health Services Research 2010