Proposal Due Date: Proposals are due each year on March 15 and Sept. 15 by 5 p.m. ET.
Two tiers of awards offered:
- Tier 1: Pilot Awards
Consist of up to $50,000 for one year, with expected start dates of July 1 or January 1, depending on submission. They should have only one principal investigator. Applicants in the clinical/translational category ONLY may be non-faculty with faculty sponsor. Other research categories require applicant to be a faculty member of any rank, tenure-track or non-tenure-track.
- Tier 2: Stimulus Awards
Allow for 1-2 principal investigators (PIs). The award will consist of up to $100,000 per year, for one or two years. Research proposed should be innovative and have potential for advances that can enhance our scientific understanding of cancer and/or clinical and public health practice.
Spring 2017 RFA
Applications for this round are due at 5 p.m. ET on March. 15, 2017
To be eligible for review, each applicant must complete the following:
1. Register On-line - All applicants must register and then submit their proposals at the UNC Lineberger Developmental Funding website. The site will be announced and opened approximately one month ahead of the deadline. Both registration and submission must be completed by 5 p.m. on the deadline date.
2. Submit On-line - At the end of the on-line registration, investigators must submit (upload) their entire application as a single PDF; the file name should include the PI’s last (family) name. The file size of the single PDF must not exceed 3MB.
- Applications missing one or more of the required components (registration, uploaded single PDF electronic copy with the PI’s name in the file name) will be considered incomplete and will not be reviewed.
- Extensions of the deadline will not be granted. Supplementary or additional materials will not be accepted after the submission deadline.
3. Questions? Email Anne Menkens, UNC LCCC Assistant Director: firstname.lastname@example.org