Members conduct and promote cancer research, particularly collaborative and/or inter, multi, or transdisciplinary cancer research. Members also support clinical care, education/training, and dissemination.
Members are expected to:
- Participate in clinical, population science and/or laboratory cancer research aligned with research program theme(s);
- Participate in Center, program or disease unit (POD) meetings, retreats, and symposia;
- Participate in Center internal review panels and other committees;
- Submit all cancer-related treatment and/or interventional protocols to LCCC Protocol Review Committee, prior to that of IRB;
- Submit in a timely and accurate manner, annual and special requests for updates on Research Progress, Other Support, Publications, Curriculum Vitae and NIH Biosketches;
- Participate in the preparation and implementation of the P30 CCSG application and renewals for submission to the NCI, as requested. These requests usually occur in August/September when needed for the Center’s non-competing continuation grant; Requests may come from the LCCC administration, program leaders, core facility leaders, and others;
- List LCC affiliations on curricula vitae and biosketches;
- Acknowledge LCCC membership and support, especially from core (shared resource) facilities and pilot projects, in publications, abstracts, posters, and presentations;
- Create and maintain of a research profile on the LCCC website (as applicable);
- Participate in efforts to raise visibility and/or financial support for LCCC.
Members will receive:
- Priority use of LCCC-managed shared resources and services (will need to list);
- Discounted access to LCCC-managed shared resources and services
- Eligibility for allocation of LCCC space;
- Eligibility to compete for CCSG Developmental and Supplemental Funds;
- Eligibility to compete for LCCC Pilot Award Funds;
- Eligibility to compete for LCCC Philanthropic Funds;
- Facilitated access to clinical populations;
- LCCC publications, announcements of availability of grants, awards, and notices of lectures;
- Public Relations and Support.