- UNC Pedal for Peds
- On Saturday, October 25, join supporters at the UNC Healthcare Wellness Center in Northwest Cary for the 5th annual Pedal for Pēds bicycle ride to benefit pediatric cancer and hematology research and support at UNC's Division of Pediatric Hematology and Oncology. Ride as part of a team or an individual. This year, there will also be stationary bikes!
|When||Oct 25, 2014 from 07:30 AM to 04:00 PM (EST / UTC-400)|
|Where||UNC Wellness Center at Northwest Cary, 350 Stonecroft Lane, Cary, NC 27519|
|Contact Name||Julie Blatt|
|Web||Visit external website|
|Add event to calendar||iCal|
STEP 1: REGISTRATION
- No registration fee, but we're asking each registrant, whether an individual rider or a team, to get fundraising pledges of at least $200. So that's $200 for an individual rider or $200 for an entire team. Obviously being part of a team requires fewer pledges per rider, but we HOPE that a 12 person team can raise quite a bit more than $200.
HOW TO REGISTER: Send an email to PEDALFORPEDS@GMAIL.COM. Include your Name, Email, Phone #. If you're part of a team, let us know which team you're on and who the captain is (that may be you!) Some teams may be "open" teams, and those are listed above. Feel free to join an open team. Let us know whether you want to be part of a MORNING or AFTERNOON session. We'll do our best to accomodate.
No money is due at registration. And this website is not set up to take fundraising donations. That's step two!
STEP 2: FUNDRAISING
- As we mentioned above, we're trying to get pledges of at least $200 per bike used in the spin.
- Team riders, individuals, supporters; all can go to HTTP://PEDALFORPEDS.KINTERA.ORG and make credit card pledges associated with a team or an individual.
- If you don't raise funds prior to the event, you can bring a check to the event. Make out checks to LCCC (Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center) with Pedal for Pēds on the memo line.
- Or you can mail your check to Division of Pediatric Hematology-Oncology, PO Box 1185A, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599-7236.
- This year we'll be riding stationary bikes! 50 bikes. 2 sessions - (8a - 12p) and (1p - 5p). Teams will ride in spin relays with team captains assigning ride times to each rider on the team. Each team can have up to 12 members. If you have more than 12, consider dividing your group into multiple teams.
- Sign-in will begin at 7:30am
- Kids can ride too! Bring your child's bike along. We will have at least 5 stationary bike stands for kids. They can ride as part of a team or as an individual.
Visit pedalforpeds.org for more information!