- Marie's Hike for a Cure
- Support Marie Clem on Saturday, April 26 at Prince William Forest Park in Virginia as she hikes to raise funds for bone cancer research at UNC Lineberger!
|When||Apr 26, 2014 from 06:30 AM to 12:00 PM (US/Eastern / UTC-400)|
|Where||Prince William Forest Park
18100 Park Headquarters Rd, Triangle, VA
|Contact Name||Marie Clem|
|Web||Visit external website|
|Add event to calendar||iCal|
For Marie Clem, hiking has been a part of a personal journey to better physical and mental health. The Ashburn, Virginia native wanted to use her love of hiking to create a one-of-a-kind fundraising event, and Hike For a Cure was born. As for the beneficiary of the event, Marie chose bone cancer research initiatives at UNC Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center.
On Saturday, April 26, Clem and her fellow hikers will gather at 6:30 a.m. at Prince William Forest Park in Dumfries, Virginia and hike 15 miles through the national park. The hike is open to anyone who wants to walk any part of it. If the hike isn't possible for you, Marie hopes you will take part by walking the neighborhood, school track or mall on the day of event.
How you can support Marie:
• Make a gift on the Hike For A Cure Fundraising Page
• Mail a check to: UNC Lineberger, CB#7295, Chapel Hill, NC 27599. (Please make payable to UNC Lineberger and note "Hike for a Cure" in the memo line)
• Join Marie on the hike! The park opens at 6:00 a.m., the meeting time is 6:30 a.m. and the hike starts at 7:00 a.m. There is a $5 fee per car for parking. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or (703) 447-4286 for additional details on hike date, time and details. Hikers are encouraged to make a donation and spread the word about Hike for a Cure.
• Connect with Marie’s Hike for a Cure on Facebook
• Check back for hike updates, opportunities to buy t-shirts, and more!