A Teal TEA (Take Early Action) Party was held on September 11, 2011 by Lydia's Legacy
- The Mayor of Charlotte declared Sept 19, 2011 TEAL DAY CHARLOTTE (on Lydia’s birthday - I will forward the verbiage for you to share). The proclamation was read by Harold Cogdell, County Commission Member-at-Large
- Invocation by Rev. Michelle Jones (Friendship Missionary Baptist Church) honoring the day, blessing the food and remembering 9/11 10 year anniversary
- Music provided by : The Brass Connection and Dr. Renae Sanders (survivor tribute)
- Volunteers: Lydia’s Legacy Dream Team, Junior League of Charlotte and The Charlotte Chapter of The Links, Inc.
- Pictures: Images by Imana and For the Cure Photography
- Flowers and Cupcakes: by The Leong Family
- Speeches by: Charles Ross (Lydia’s son and Testicular Cancer Survivor), Erica Bell (Ovarian Cancer Survivor), Dr. James Hall (Head of Gyn Oncology at Blumenthal Cancer Center)
Donations have not yet been tabulated but we estimate around $2k from the silent auction alone to be donated to cancer research! Donations will go to Carolina’s Healthcare Foundation and Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center for Local and Regional Research.