Guidlines for using photography in materials related to UNC Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center.
UNC Guidelines for Photography
- Photographs of people should most often be candid. Captured moments help viewers get an inside glimpse of Carolina and invites them to be part of the community.
- To convey a sense of vitality and academic rigor, imagery should show activity and intellectual pursuit. Avoid passive shots.
- Balance shots of individuals with ones that include more than one person in order to show a culture of collaboration.
- Profile photographs should be friendly and approachable.
- Use a variety of close-ups and wide shots. Close-ups create warmth and familiarity, while wide shots convey expansiveness.
- When using photos of the campus, architectural structures or interior shots, give a sense of openness by lowering the horizon line or cropping images in a wide format.
- Represent racial, gender, age and professional diversity.