The principal objective of the Biostatistics Core (BIOS Core) is to provide high quality statistical consultation services to UNC’s Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center members. The BIOS Core provides a full collaborative scientific resource focused on providing UNC Lineberger members support for the design, conduct, analyses, and generation of manuscripts for their research.
Collaborative Services Include:
- Providing high level quantitative thinking for all types of investigator initiated studies
- Providing state-of-the-art design expertise
- Including consultation on data collection and storage
- Providing expert assistance in grant preparation
- Including requisite power and sample size calculations
- Performing optimal and often state-of-the-art statistical analyses
- Providing vital assistance in the generation of highest quality manuscripts
- Creating optimal presentation tables and graphics
- Performing the essential co-author tasks of writing, editing and critical reading
How to Reach Us
In order to best serve UNC Lineberger members and their research, and to properly allocate resources, all requests for statistical collaboration for any UNC Lineberger project should be emailed to the BIOS Core at: LCCC_BIOS@med.unc.edu
The BIOS Core looks to match statisticians to projects based on area of expertise, level of expertise, and availability. This may mean that the statistician who initially consults on a project may not ultimately end up being the statistician of record for that project. An optimal match is always the goal. Project assignments are coordinated by the BIOS Core Facility Director and subject to the approval of the Faculty Director.
Questions or requests for statistical consultations?
Please email: LCCC_BIOS@med.unc.edu
BIOS Walk-In Clinic
Become familiar with the Cancer Center’s BIOS Core and the services it can provide by visiting the BIOS Walk-In Clinic.
Every Wednesday, 12:00 – 1:00 p.m.
1st Floor Atrium, UNC Lineberger Building