Biostatistics Shared Resource
The principal objective of the Biostatistics Shared Resource (BIOS SR) is to provide high quality statistical consultation services to UNC Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center (LCCC) members. The BIOS SR provides a full collaborative scientific resource focused on providing LCCC members support for the design, conduct, analyses, and generation of manuscripts.
Collaborative Services Include:
- Providing high level quantitative thinking for all types of investigator-initiated studies
- Providing state-of-the-art design expertise
- Providing expert assistance in grant preparation
- Including requisite power and sample size calculations
- Performing optimal and often state-of-the-art statistical analyses
- Providing vital assistance in the generation of highest quality manuscripts
- Creating optimal presentation tables and graphics
- Performing the essential co-author tasks of writing, editing and critical reading
How to Reach Us
To best serve LCCC members and their research, and to properly allocate resources, all requests for statistical collaboration for any LCCC project should be emailed to the BIOS SR at: LCCC_BIOS@med.unc.edu
The BIOS SR looks to match statisticians to projects based on areas of expertise, level of expertise, and availability. This may mean that the statistician who initially consults on a project may not ultimately end up being the statistician of record for that project. An optimal match is always the goal.
Project assignments are coordinated by the BIOS SR Facility Director and subject to the approval of the Faculty Director.
Virtual Drop-In Support Clinic
The BIOS SR is bringing back its “walk-in” clinic as a virtual “Zoom-in” clinic. Our virtual clinic consultation provides UNC Lineberger center members (or those working with cancer center members) an opportunity to investigate the possible need and process of getting statistical support.
While this virtual consultation will probably not replace the need or desire for a more involved scheduled consultation (for example, consultation for a grant submission) it would certainly provide a good first step toward finding out what to do next.
While most consultations are best handled by email a request for a consultation at LCCC_BIOS@med.unc.edu, the virtual clinic provides an opportunity for a quick chat with a BIOS SR statistician.
The BIOS SR virtual drop-in clinics are available on Wednesdays from 12 to 1 p.m. Zoom link will be posted soon.