Bladder Cancer Center of Excellence
UNC Lineberger Bladder Cancer Center of Excellence
We offer a multidisciplinary urologic oncology program with a broad range of expertise focused on the special challenges presented by bladder and genitourinary cancers.
UNC Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, the cancer center for the people of North Carolina, has established the Bladder Cancer Center of Excellence. This center brings together a multidisciplinary team comprised of world-renowned physicians, researchers and staff to create and deliver personalized, individualized care to patients.
UNC Lineberger has a team of recognized experts in bladder cancer care that combines outstanding surgical skill with tremendous expertise in radiology, medical oncology and radiation oncology.
The center serves as a national resource for patients and their loved ones who seek the latest and most reliable information about research, clinical advances and community resources.
Appointments & Questions
To make an appointment, to refer a patient or to speak with an operator who can direct your call,
please call (984) 974-0000
(Available 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET, Monday through Friday)
“Clinical translational research related to patient care is critically important to me. The drive to want to develop new therapies for patients with this devastating disease is what brings me to work every day.”
– Matthew Milowsky, MD, co-director, Bladder Cancer Center of Excellence
Our Multidisciplinary Urologic Oncology Program
Our center of excellence is distinguished by the team of multiple medical oncologists with a specific interest and experience in bladder cancer, as well as their own focused research programs. Our team works together to select the right approaches for each patient at the right time.
Research has consistently demonstrated that bladder cancer patients treated at high-volume centers have more favorable outcomes. Our patient volume and growth over the past several years reflects the trust of referring physicians and patients in our multidisciplinary approach.
Research at the Bladder Cancer Center of Excellence
- We are conducting, connecting and integrating innovative research discoveries to improve the care of patients with bladder cancer in North Carolina and beyond.
- The center reinforces an infrastructure that promotes collaboration in the laboratories and clinics, which leads to more efficient and effective translation of scientific discoveries into clinical practice.
- UNC Lineberger has more than 13 bladder cancer clinical trials open, focusing on research that spans from better understanding the genetics of bladder cancer to determining more effective drug combinations and innovative therapies.
- We are committed to recruiting, training and retaining the next generation of providers and researchers.