Community Pilot Funding Program
The UNC Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center Office of Community Outreach and Engagement (COE) invites applications for pilot funding for 2021-2022.
The COE Office created the Lineberger Community Pilot Funding Program to join with the community as allies to reduce cancer disparities in the state of North Carolina.
We seek to do so by addressing community-identified cancer needs through funding opportunities, training and technical assistance, and networking.
The COE anticipates funding up to six awards ranging up to $10,000 each for projects delivered over a 12-month period. The projects may serve residents of one county or multiple counties in North Carolina. Applicants can choose one or both options:
Conduct a community cancer needs assessment. These projects should do one or more of the following:
- Collect and assess baseline data on the selected local cancer issue.
- Assess how a specific cancer topic(s) impacts their community.
Activities to conduct a community cancer needs assessment include surveys, interviews, town halls, focus groups, photo voice, facilitated discussions, community mapping, etc.
Establish or expand the focus of an existing coalition to gain consensus on how to best address a local cancer issue. These projects should aim to do one or more of the following:
- Build stakeholder and community capacity to prioritize local cancer needs.
- Establish local commitment to collectively act on a specific cancer topic.
Any organization or community group located in North Carolina that is interested in improving the health of their community is encouraged to apply.
Academic entities are not eligible to apply. This funding opportunity is focused on community capacity building, not academic research.
We are looking for applicants that are committed to serving communities facing cancer health disparities and aim to address these disparities:
- Socioeconomic status
- Gender identity
- Sexual orientation
- Geographic location
The group must identify someone who is willing to commit effort to overseeing implementation of their proposed program.
Application Process and Important Dates
- Participate in information session* (optional but highly recommended): July 27 or August 4, 2021
- Submit intent to apply via email (required): Deadline August 10, 2021
- Submit proposal via application portal: Deadline September 13, 2021
Email Veronica Carlisle (email@example.com) with Community Pilot Program in the subject line.
The application period is currently closed.