Student Opportunities – Work With Us
UNC Lineberger is committed to training the next generation of the public health workforce. The Office of Community Outreach and Engagement (COE) has a history of collaborating with talented undergraduate and graduate students to further the mission of our cancer center. COE values the fresh perspective students bring to our work.
- Summer internship or practicum
- Research assistantship that spans a semester or academic year
- Drafting a survey that will be used to better understand the unmet needs of cancer survivors in North Carolina
- Designing and writing website content for the Patients and Researchers Together Program aimed to increase tissue donation for cancer research
- Creating a communications and marketing plan to support the Cancer Research Equity and Advocacy Through Engagement initiative
- Conducting a needs assessment of researchers and patient advocates in order to identify opportunities to enhance collaboration
- Abstract publications
- Poster presentations at national conferences
- COE Summer Student Showcase presentations to faculty and staff
- Host a centralized on-boarding via a “kick off” event that includes an introduction to Lineberger and COE
- Invite students to attend weekly COE team meetings
- Invite students to showcase their work via a presentation at a COE team meeting, where we celebrate their accomplishments
COE student job opportunities are announced in the following ways (please note summer opportunities are posted March-May):
- UNC Gillings School of Public Health Job Posting site
- Emails to all students who have completed the Student Interest Survey
Job announcements will be made on an ongoing basis as positions become available, and positions will remain open until filled.
To join our email distribution list, please complete the Student Interest Survey
What student positions are currently available with COE?
There are no job opportunities with our office at this time. Please check again in the future.
- For general inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are a student and interested in pursuing opportunities with COE, please fill out the Student Interest Survey to be added to an email distribution list for job announcements.
The University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and welcomes all to apply without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or veteran status. COE highly encourages applications from historically underrepresented students.