I aim to analyze the impact and to inform the development of population-level approaches to reducing morbidity and mortality due to tobacco. My primary area of interest is in federal tobacco policy, particularly the Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act. I am also interested in health communications, tobacco industry marketing, and methodologies to analyze Internet data (e.g., Twitter). My dissertation analyzed the impact of e-cigarette print advertisements on cigarette smoking-related outcomes.
Selected Publications on Tobacco Control
- Jo, C. L., Ambs, A., Dresler, C. M., & Backinger, C. L. (2017). Child-resistant and tamper resistant packaging: A systematic review to inform tobacco packaging regulation. Prev Med, 95, 89-95.
- Seidenberg, A. & Jo, C. L. (2016) Cigarette couponing goes mobile. Tob Control. [Epub ahead of print]
- Seidenberg, A., Jo, C. L., & Ribisl, K. M. (2016) Differences in the design and sale of e-cigarettes by cigarette manufacturers and non-cigarette manufacturers in the USA. Tob Control, 25(e1), e3–5 [Epub 2015/11/06].
- Jo, C. L., Kornfield, R., Kim, Y., Emery, S., & Ribisl, K. M. (2016) Price-related promotions for tobacco products on Twitter. Tob Control, 25(4), 476-479.
- Jo, C. L., Williams, R. S., & Ribisl, K. M. (2015). Tobacco products sold by Internet vendors following restrictions on flavors and “light” descriptors. Nicotine Tob Res, 17(3), 344–349.
- Jo, C. L., Ayers, J. W, Althouse, B. M., Emery, S., Huang, J., & Ribisl, K. M. (2015). US consumer interest in non-cigarette tobacco products spikes around the 2009 federal tobacco tax increase. Tob Control, 24, 395-399.
- Ribisl, K. M., & Jo, C. (2012). Tobacco control is losing ground in the Web 2.0 era: Invited commentary. [Comment]. Tob Control, 21(2), 145-146.
- Griffith, G., Cardone, A., Jo, C., Valdemoro, A., & Sebrie, E. (2010). Implementation of smoke free workplaces: Challenges in Latin America. Salud Publica Mex, 52 Suppl 2, S347-354.
- Griffith, G., Welch, C., Cardone, A., Valdemoro, A., & Jo, C. (2008). The global momentum for smokefree public places: Best practice in current and forthcoming smokefree policies. Salud Publica Mex, 50 Suppl 3, S299-308.