PhD, RN, OCN, FAAN
Associate Professor, School of Nursing
Assistant Director of Cancer Research Training Education Coordination (CRTEC)
Cancer Prevention and Control
Area of Interest
The overarching goal of my academic career and specifically program of research is to develop, implement, and disseminate symptom and functional interventions starting in the hospital and extending into the home setting for adults with acute myeloid leukemia (AML).
Awards and Honors
- Faculty Award for Excellence in Doctoral Mentorship and Education, UNC School of Nursing, 2019
- Distinguished Educator in Gerontological Nursing, National Hartford Center of Gerontological Nursing Excellence, 2018
- Fellow, Gerontological Society of America, 2018
- Clinical Scholar, National Institutes of Health Loan Repayment, 2017-2019
- American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), Gerontology Content Expert Panel Member, 2011-2014
- Gordon H. DeFriese Career Development in Aging Research Award, Institute of Aging, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2010
- The Pauline W. Brown Diversity Scholarship Award, School of Nursing, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2010
- Best Poster, Challenges in Geriatrics Practice: Advances in Geriatrics, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2009
- Interdisciplinary Best Poster, Interdisciplinary Center for Aging Research: Uniting Scientists (ICARUS) Award, NC Aging Exchange, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2009
- Best Poster, 20th Challenges in Geriatrics Practice: Advances in Geriatrics, 2009
News and Stories
UNC Lineberger and UNC researchers discuss latest research at American Society of Hematology Annual Meeting
UNC Lineberger researchers will present the latest findings from studies and lead educational sessions at the 64th American Society of Hematology Annual Meeting in New Orleans, Dec. 10-13.
Internship focuses on building a more diverse, robust cancer research and care workforce
UNC Lineberger, North Carolina Central University develop internship program to promote students' interest in clinical research and cancer careers.
UNC Lineberger underrepresented postdoc recruitment day focuses on expanding access and diversity
UNC Lineberger’s Cancer Research Training and Education Coordination program sponsored the inaugural Underrepresented Postdoctoral Fellow Recruitment Day on Oct. 12.
Partnership with NC Central helps expand oncology nursing fellowship program
The UNC Lineberger-Sylvia Lauterborn and Warren Trent Piver Oncology Nursing Fellowship expanded to include three nursing students from N.C Central University, in addition to five nursing students from UNC-Chapel Hill.