Assistant Professor of Medicine, Division of Oncology
UNC Lineberger Pancreatic Cancer Center of Excellence
Area of Interest
I take care of patients with GI cancers including gastroesophageal, hepatopancreatobiliary, intestinal, and colorectal cancers. I have a particular interest in translational tumor immunology and early phase clinical trial development, especially in pancreatic cancer.
Awards and Honors
- IASLC Best Fellows’ Abstract Oral Presentation Award, 2019
- AAI Young Investigator Best Oral Presentation Award, 2019
- IASLC Young Investigator Award Grant, 2019
- Immuno-Oncology 1st Place Clinical Fellow Award, 2019
- Fund for Innovation in Cancer Informatics Award, 2019
News and Stories
Welcoming Ashwin Somasundaram
We’re proud to announce Ashwin Somasundaram, MD, as the newest member of the UNC Lineberger Pancreatic Cancer Center of Excellence (PCCE).
A Conversation with Dr. Somasundaram
“In my opinion, there seems to be no greater puzzle worth solving for my generation than the treatment of cancer,” says Dr. Somasundaram, who recently joined the PCCE.