Protocol Review Committee, UNC Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center
Area of Interest
Bahjat Qaqish, MD, PhD, has been a professor in the Department of Biostatistics at UNC-Chapel Hill since 1990.
He is a member of the UNC Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, where he is part of the Protocol Review Committee. He has been involved in the design and analysis of studies spanning basic science, clinical and epidemiologic studies and intervention trials. He has received research funding on grants as PI and as director of Biostatistics and Data Cores.
Qaqish has a broad background in biostatistics, with expertise in longitudinal and categorical data, clinical trials and statistical computing, with strong, established collaborations with several investigators in the UNC School of Medicine. His expertise in longitudinal and multivariate data analysis is particularly relevant.
Awards and Honors
- Jean I. Widger Distinguished Author Award, American Society of Radiologic Technologists, 2010
- Junior Faculty Development Award, UNC-Chapel Hill, 1992
- Coauthor of a paper read before the Royal Statistical Society, 1991
- Member, Delta Omega, 1988
- Student Recognition Award, The Johns Hopkins University School of Hygiene and Public Health, 1988