Division of Pulmonary Diseases and Critical Care Medicine
Meet Christina MacRosty
Area of Interest
Christina R. MacRosty, DO, completed her medical degree at the West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine and residency in Internal Medicine and Pediatrics at West Virginia University Charleston division where she served as Chief Resident. She moved to Chapel Hill to complete her Pulmonary/Critical Care Fellowship at UNC-Chapel Hill where she served as Chief Fellow and stayed at UNC to complete her Interventional Pulmonary fellowship.
Her clinical interests include diagnosis and management of malignant and non-malignant pleural disease, central airway obstruction, and bronchoscopic treatment for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Her research interests include outcomes and quality improvement research in malignant pleural effusion and bronchoscopic treatment of obstructive lung disease. As part of the Interventional Pulmonary team, she participates in translational and clinical research with other members of the multidisciplinary thoracic oncology team. MacRosty strives to provide evidence-based, patient-centered care for the people of North Carolina.
Research Focus Areas
- Clinical research on malignant pleural effusion
- Research in bronchoscopic treatment of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
Awards and Honors
- Abstract Scholarship from the Thoracic Oncology Assembly of The American Thoracic Society – Prognostic Factors in Patients Diagnosed with Malignant Pleural Effusion. American Thoracic Society International Meeting, 2018
- Resident Leadership Award for commitment to the Internal Medicine-Pediatrics residency program and outstanding ability to provide leadership and guidance to fellow residents. West Virginia University Charleston Division/Charleston Area Medical Center, Charleston, WV, 2015
- Continuity Team of Excellence Award – Children’s Medicine Center, Charleston Area Medical Center, Charleston, WV, 2014
- Continuity Team of Excellence Award – Children’s Medicine Center, Charleston Area Medical Center, Charleston, WV, 2013
- Omicron Delta Kappa Leadership Honor Society Induction, 2007