MD, MPH, MBA, FACS, FASCRS
Professor, Gastrointestinal Surgery/Surgery
Chief, Division of Gastrointestinal Surgery
Area of Interest
My cancer research interests include:
- Optimizing colorectal cancer management including assessment of response, via imaging, to preoperative therapy ultimately leading to patient-specific minimally invasive or organ preserving approaches.
- Understanding the etiology and natural history of early-age-of-onset and hereditary forms of colorectal cancer in order to optimize early detection, treatment and prevention.
My clinical and translational research has been made possible via strong multidisciplinary collaborations with clinical researchers and scientists from a wide range of fields.
Awards and Honors
- Health Policy Scholarship, American College of Surgeons/American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons
- McLaughlin-Gallie Visiting Professorship, Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- National Cancer Institute (NCI)
- Past President, American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons Research Foundation
- Career Development Award, American Cancer Society
- Best Doctors, New York Magazine, 2010-2020
- America’s Top Doctors®, 2009-2019
- Guide to America’s Top Surgeons, Consumers’ Research Council of America, 2009-2018
- Top Doctors: New York Metro Area (14th ed.), 2000-2019
- “New York Super Doctors”®, New York Times Magazine, 2009-2019
- “Best Doctors in New York”®, 2005-2019
- “America’s Top Doctors for Cancer”®, 2005-2019
- “Best Doctors in America”®, 1996-2019