Dr. Sidney K. Simon Distinguished Professor of Oncology Research
Chair, Radiation Oncology
Meet Lawrence Marks
Area of Interest
Clinically, I am interested in the treatment of lung and breast cancers, as well as in methods to understand (and prevent) radiation-associated normal tissue injury. I am also very interested in patient safety, and am passionate about the application of industrial engineering principles to our clinical practices in order to make our processes more reliable, safe. I am active locally and nationally in efforts to address these issues.
Awards and Honors
- “America’s Top Doctors” by Castle Connolly, 2019
- Honorary Membership, American Association of Physicists in Medicine (AAPM), 2018
- Buschke Lecture, University of California San Francisco, 2018
- RSNA (Radiologic Society of North America) Annual Oration in Radiation Oncology, 2014
- Massachusetts General Hospital Distinguished Alumni Award, 2014
- Invited lecturer nationally at MD Anderson Hospital, University of Pennsylvania, Thomas Jefferson University, Massachusetts General Hospital, and Yale, among others.
- Invited lecturer internationally in Vienna, Austria; Tel Aviv, Israel; Buenos Aires, Argentina; Shanghai, China; and Manila, Philippines, among others.
- Awarded grants from the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and Lance Armstrong Foundation to study radiation induced heart and lung injury.