Area of Interest
The Gulley Lab studies virus-related malignancies including lymphoma and carcinomas (nasopharyngeal, oropharyngeal and gastric) as well as premalignant lesions and non-invasive tests of neoplasia. Molecular and immunologic techniques are used to characterize lesions or specimens in ways that improve diagnosis and management of affected patients.
Awards and Honors
- Association for Molecular Pathology (past president)
- College of American Pathologists (CAP)
- Cancer Genome Atlas (TCGA) Project
- Lansky Award from the CAP Foundation
- Phil Blatt Award for Clinical Pathology Teaching at UNC