Gynecologic Oncology Program
Area of Interest
My clinical interests focus on gynecologic oncology.
My research focuses on understanding the interactions between cell signaling pathways implicated in endometrial cancer pathogenesis as a means to target therapy for this disease. In this pursuit, I have investigated many novel targeted therapies for the treatment of endometrial cancer, including mTOR inhibitors, arsenic, a human monoclonal antibody to the insulin growth factor-1 receptor (IGF-1R), soy, genistein and most recently, metformin.
I am also interested in the impact that obesity has on endometrial cancer development and progression which may invariably dictate different treatment options for this particularly high-risk patient population. In addition, I have a clinical trial underway which is a microarray-based endeavor to correlate gene expression patterns with clinical outcomes and parameters in endometrial cancer, including obesity, lymph node status and recurrence risk.
Awards and Honors
- Elected co-chair of the National Cancer Institute Gynecologic Cancers Steering Committee’s Uterine Task Force, 2022
- Society of Gynecologic Oncologists, Moderator for Translational Research Focused Plenary, 2010
- Society of Gynecologic Investigation, Moderator for Gynecological Oncology Oral Presentations, 2010
- Mid-Atlantic Gynecologic Oncology Society, Secretary-Treasurer, 2010
- Roadmap Multidisciplinary Clinical Research Career Development K12 Scholar, 2007-2010
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, University Cancer Research Fund (UCRF) Award, 2008-2010
News and Stories
Bae-Jump elected co-chair of NCI uterine task force
Victoria Bae-Jump, MD, PhD, has been elected co-chair of the National Cancer Institute Gynecologic Cancers Steering Committee’s Uterine Task Force.
Molecular aspects of ovarian and endometrial tumors mapped to the level of a single cell
Researchers led by Hector L. Franco, PhD, have determined for the first time, cell-by-cell, the genetic and epigenetic state of ovarian and endometrial tumors.
Endometrial Cancer Center of Excellence focused on advancing research and care, eliminating disparities
UNC Lineberger is launching the Endometrial Cancer Center of Excellence to advance the scientific understanding of the causes, prevention and clinical treatment of endometrial cancer.
She ROCKS reaches $1 million milestone to support ovarian cancer research and care
She ROCKS supports the work of UNC Lineberger’s Victoria Bae-Jump, MD, and her work focusing on advancing the prevention, early detection and treatment of ovarian cancer.