Bringing diversity, equity, and inclusion principles into six critical areas at the cancer center:
- Patient and clinical care
- Accrual to clinical trials
- Recruitment and retention
- Education, training and onboarding
- Culture and climate
- Enhancing research with an equity lens
To address diversity, equity and inclusion at UNC Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, we will have two phases.
Phase 1 consists of the formation of the Equity Council, the development, and the launch of recommendations and “quick start actions.” Phase 1 is currently the active phase of our efforts.
Phase 2 will consist of the formation of subcommittees, implementation and accountability.