- This event has passed.
RN and Allied Health Lecture: Pesticide Protective Behavior in Agriculture – A Cancer Prevention Strategy
August 9, 2017 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
AnnMarie Walton, PhD, MPH, RN, OCN, CHES
School of Nursing
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Research indicates that individuals in the agricultural industry who come in to contact with certain pesticides have an increased risk of developing leukemia and other cancers. This lecture will review a study done to understand which pesticide protective behaviors, mandated to be taught by the Worker Protection Standard, farmworkers actually practice. It will also provide insights into clinical considerations in caring for this patient population.
- Describe actual versus self-reported pesticide protective behaviors of Latino migrant and seasonal farmworkers in NC.
- Describe social considerations that are unique to Latino migrant and seasonal farmworkers undergoing cancer treatment in NC.
- Discuss the important of clinical documentation of occupational exposures to research.
- Live Link (Coming soon, livestream of lecture; recording available for viewing within 48 hours of lecture)
- All other documents and information (including WebEx connection information, presentation handout, and links to obtain certificates) are located in our Learning Management System (Sakai).