- This event has passed.
Medical and Surgical Oncology Lecture: Using Biomarkers to Plan Adjuvant Therapy in Breast Cancer
June 27, 2018 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
|Lisa Carey, MD
Richardson and Marilyn Jacobs Preyer Distinguished Professorship for Breast Cancer Research
UNC Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center
UNC School of Medicine
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Using Biomarkers to Plan Adjuvant Therapy in Breast Cancer
It is difficult to determine whether a primary therapy has suppressed or killed a cancer. Adjuvant therapy can further improve the chances that the cancer will not return. In this presentation Dr. Carey will discuss which adjuvant therapy options are available for breast cancer patients as well as some of the recent developments in adjuvant therapy.
Understand the roles of stage, hormone receptors, and biologic assays in determining systemic treatment and outcome.
Recognize the features that make a tumor more appropriate for neoadjuvant systemic therapy and the implications of this approach to therapy.
Determine the optimal regimens for triple negative, hormone receptor-positive, and HER2-positive breast cancer.
- Attend the live lecture, either by going to a designated site or by using Zoom (registration link above).
- Be present in the lecture for a minimum of 50 minutes.
- After attending the live lecture, complete an evaluation and download your certificate.
- The instructions and password for the evaluation will be provided after the lecture is over.
- If you attend at a designated site, the site coordinator will provide you with the Live Activity Evaluation Instructions.
- If you attend via Zoom Webinar, you will receive an email 24 hours after the lecture with a link to the Live Activity Evaluation Instructions.
- Attendance at the live lecture is required to receive the Live Activity Evaluation Instructions.
- Flyer ( JPEG | PDF )
- Presentation Handout (Coming Soon)
- Live Link (Livestream of lecture; recording available for viewing within 48 hours of lecture.)
UNCCN Site Coordinators:
- All documents and information for UNCCN Site Coordinators (including connection information, presentation handout, and links to obtain certificates) can be accessed on the UNC Cancer Network Learning Portal.
*Lecture topic subject to change.