- This event has passed.
RN/AH Lecture: Nutrition Update – Prevention, Treatment, and Recovery
March 8, 2017 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Jennifer Spring, RD, CSO, LDN
Outpatient Oncology Nutrition Program
NC Cancer Hospital
University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
For oncology patients, proper nutrition plays a crucial role in prevention, treatment, and recovery. Join us for this lecture to learn about updates in this field.
- Identify nutrition and lifestyle guidelines for cancer prevention and prevention of cancer recurrence.
- Describe the role of sound nutritional choices before, during, and after cancer therapy and how they can help increase energy levels, strengthen the immune system, fight off infection, and minimize the side effects of treatment.
- Identify reasons for nutrition referral during treatment and the importance of early referrals at the start of treatment.
- Live Link (livestream of lecture; recording available for viewing within 48 hours of lecture)
- All other documents and information (including WebEx connection information, presentation handout, and links to obtain certificates) are located in our Learning Management System (Sakai).