- This event has passed.
Second Annual North Carolina Adolescent and Young Adult Oncology Symposium
April 5, 2019 @ 8:00 am - 4:00 pm$55
Adolescent & Young Adult Cancer: Exploring Palliative and End-of-Life Care
The Second Annual North Carolina Adolescent and Young Adult Oncology Symposium will bring together multidisciplinary providers and researchers from across the state who are interested in improving care for this patient population. With a focus on the unique palliative and end-of-life care needs of Adolescent and Young Adults in North Carolina, this knowledge-based symposium will feature a mix of didactic lectures and panel discussions.
Physicians, Nurses, Social Workers, Researchers, Pharmacists, Psychologists, Child Life Specialists, Advance Practice Providers (APPs), Hospital Administrators & Program Directors
Upon completion of this knowledge-based educational activity, participants will be able to:
- Describe the unique palliative care needs of the Adolescent and Young Adult oncology population during end of life through provider and patient perspectives
- Identify and apply strategies to improve palliative and end-of-life care for Adolescent and Young Adults in North Carolina
- Provide opportunities for intra-state connection and collaboration across North Carolina
- Lauren Lux, MSW, LCSW
- Leeza Park, MD
- Thomas B. Russell, MD
- John M. Salsman, PhD
- Carla Strom, MLA
- Mallori Thompson, MA, LPC, NCC
- Karen M. Winkfield, MD, PhD
Hampton Inn – Bermuda Run
196 NC Hwy 801 North
Bermuda Run, NC 27006
A block of rooms has been reserved for April 4, 2019 – April 6, 2019. The special room rate will be available until March 20th or until the group block is sold-out, whichever comes first.