Seniors & Caregivers
- Medicare. Questions about your Medicare coverage? Call 1-800-MEDICARE or visit www.medicare.gov.
- The Seniors’ Health Insurance Information Program (SHIIP) counsels Medicare beneficiaries about Medicare, Medicare supplements, Medicare Advantage, Medicare Part D, and long-term care insurance. 855-408-1212
- Benefits Check Up BenefitsCheckUp® is a free service of the National Council on Aging The BenefitsCheckUp® team monitors the benefits landscape for updates and changes to policies and programs.They match your unique needs to benefit programs and eligibility requirements using their comprehensive tool.
- Senior Centers can provide information and assist family and friends who care for older persons. For older persons at risk of losing their self-sufficiency, senior centers are the entry point to an array of services that will help them maintain their independence. To find your local senior center, call NC Division of Aging and Adult Services at 919—733-3983. Or visit http://www.nfcacares.org/.
- Caregivers at N.C. Cancer Hospital site is an extensive site for helpful information for caregivers.
- National Family Caregivers Association Caregiver Supports
has information that may benefit you.
- Managing the Practical Concerns of Your Loved One’s Diagnosis
from CancerCare can provide practical steps you can take once your loved one has been diagnosed with cancer to help you stay organized while managing paperwork, bills, etc.