Planned giving offers creative solutions for making a significant impact on our cancer fight in which you, your loved ones and UNC Lineberger all benefit.
With planned giving, you have many “win-win” options for supporting UNC Lineberger. For example, you can:
- Make a gift that costs nothing during your lifetime
- Give stock and realize larger tax savings
- Make a future gift that provides you with income now
- Donate your house, continue to live there and get a tax break all at the same time
We want to help you meet your personal, financial and philanthropic goals. Our staff is able to work with you to identify immediate and deferred tax advantages to you and/or your heirs.
Ways of Giving
- Bequests, conveyed through your will (view sample language)
- Securities, such as bonds or mutual funds
- New or existing life insurance policy
- Gifts of real estate or other assets
- Retirement Accounts, IRAs and 401(K) Plans
- Charitable Remainder Trust
- Charitable Lead Trust
- Retention of life estate
Visit the UNC Gift Planning Website to learn more about each option. You may designate your planned gift to support a particular area of our cancer center or the gift can be unrestricted for use where the need or promise is greatest. A number of naming opportunities are also available.
Find Out More
- Benefits to Documenting a Planned Gift to UNC Lineberger
- Planned Giving Documentation Form
- Sample Bequest Language
- Planned Giving Brochure
We are pleased to recognize the generous individuals who include UNC Lineberger in their estate plans through the Berryhill Society, named for the late W. Reece Berryhill, longtime dean and leader of the UNC School of Medicine.
For More Information
- Jimbo and Lorraine Harrell signal to their family the importance of making a long-term commitment to the fight against cancer with a planned gift.
- Ken and Frankie Lee put their trust in UNC Lineberger to beat cancer with an unrestricted planned gift.
- Liz Winter Cohen discovers the joy of giving and makes an investment in cancer research and care part of her legacy by making UNC Lineberger the beneficiary of an IRA.