The Joseph S. Pagano Award annually recognizes notable papers authored by UNC Lineberger postdoctoral fellows. Winners are selected through a competitive process and are honored for their authorship of articles in high-impact journals.
Applications are now being accepted for the 2018 Pagano Award. Please note: The submission deadline is Friday, April 5, 2019, by 5 p.m.
Eligible papers are written by postdoctoral fellows holding a position in the laboratory of a member of the UNC Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, and were published or accepted for publication in 2018.
Authors of the three top papers receive a cash prize and will give a featured talk at a future UNC Lineberger event.
Please use the form below to submit the application.
Papers submitted must meet the following criteria:
- Applications should be submitted by the preceptor of the nominated candidate and should be a member of the UNC Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center; any postdoctoral fellow in the preceptor’s lab can be nominated
- Research must have been completed while the fellow was at UNC
- Fellow must be primary author or co-first author of the nominated paper
- Paper must have been accepted or published in 2018. If paper was accepted but not published during 2018, the journal’s letter of acceptance must be included with the application
Application packet must include:
- PDF of the paper
- Letter from the preceptor briefly summarizing the pPostdoc’s background, the scientific impact of the paper, and the postdoc’s relative contribution to the paper. While a description of the postdoc’s contribution is expected for all applications, it is particularly important for co-first authors papers or papers with multiple authors.
- Letter from the postdoctoral fellow, describing the scientific impact of the paper, in 200 words or less