The ITCMS program offers a wide variety of training opportunities to enhance the postdoctoral experience for all trainees. Please see below for a list of program requirements and links to further information.
- All trainees mustattend the Lineberger Monthly Postdoctoral Seminar Series, the current schedule can be found at our events page
- All trainees must present at least one seminar during their funding period and may be asked to present during subsequent years
All trainees must attend the Cancer Model Systems workshops and must choose at least two of the other topics to attend.
Spring: Drug Discovery
Summer: Cancer Model Systems pt 1
Fall: Genomics, Cancer model Systems Pt 2 – Baldwin
Summer: Mouse Histopathology
Fall: Proteomics, Bioinformatics
RSG is a trainee organized monthly meeting that features heavily on career development activities
- Trainees are expected to attend and participate in RSG
- For the current RSG schedule please see our events page
- This annual retreat is organized by a small group of trainees from the program and provides an opportunity for Lineberger postdocs to showcase their research
- All trainees are expected to attend and submit an abstract annually
- This seminar series occurs weekly on Wednesdays at 4 pm in the Pagano Conference Room and features invited outside speakers
- All trainees are must regularly attend this seminar series
- This symposium features high-level scientists from within the cancer center and around the world
- Trainees are expected to attend this two-day event annually
All trainees must complete the Research Ethics course through the Office of Postdoctoral Affairs, in their first grant year: http://research.unc.edu/postdoctoral-affairs/postdocs/research-ethics/
- Clinical shadowing – contact Jen Jen Yeh for further information about setting this up firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tumor Boards – schedule can be found here: https://unclineberger.org/unccn/tumor-boards – For more information on how to participate in the Tumor Boards please contact the UNC Cancer Care office by email at email@example.com or by telephone at 919-445-1000.