Basic Cancer Laboratory Research Concentration
- Ten-week summer research experience in a cancer research lab at UNC-Chapel Hill.
- Professional Development workshops in reading the primary research literature, presenting scientific talks, preparing science posters, writing personal statements for graduate and professional schools, responsible conduct of research.
- Informational workshops on applying to graduate and medical school, life as a graduate student or medical student, career options within cancer research and health disparities, interviewing skills.
- Seminars by UNC-CH and NCCU faculty who collaborate on research projects.
- Preparation for Graduate Record Exam.
- Attend local, regional or national scientific meetings to present research results.
- Paid research fellowship at NCCU for 10 – 14 hrs/week during the academic year; bimonthly journal clubs.
- Complete a three semester hour course in Cancer Cell Biology for advanced biology undergraduates at NCCU (required only for students entering second year of program).