Parking & Transportation
The N.C. Cancer Hospital is on Manning Drive on the campus of UNC-Chapel Hill. The N.C. Cancer Hospital is one of the five specialty hospitals that make up UNC Hospitals. Unless using valet or disability parking, patients and visitors should plan to park in the Dogwood Parking Deck.
Drop-off & Parking
Patients can be dropped off at the door of the N.C. Cancer Hospital. The driveway to do so is accessed by turning north onto Hospital Drive from Manning Drive, the street in front of the hospital complex. [Google Maps]
- Plan an extra 15-30 minutes before your visit for parking, even for valet
Patient & Visitor Parking: Dogwood Deck
Dogwood Deck is the parking garage for patients and visitors. Dogwood is across the street from UNC Hospitals. To enter Dogwood from Manning, turn onto East Drive. Then take the first right into the deck. [Google Maps]
- Parking in Dogwood costs $1.50 per hour and no more than $10 per day. You may pay in cash, credit or debit. The Parking Office is located in front of the N.C. Children’s Hospital.
- Dogwood Deck has two skywalks that lead over Manning Drive to UNC Hospitals, accessible on the second floor of the parking deck.
- Golf cart shuttles stop in front of each bridge every 10 minutes, and stops at the hospital entrances. Shuttles run Monday—Friday from 7:30 AM to 9:30 PM and Saturday—Sunday from 9 AM to 9 PM.
Valet parking is available for all patients and visitors at a cost of $12. You may also purchase coupon books (five visits for $55) from the valet attendant on duty. Cars may not be left overnight in valet parking.
There are two places to reach the valet:
- N.C. Cancer Hospital lower-level entrance: From Manning Road, turn onto Emergency Drive. Take the 1st left into the parking lot. The valet booth is on the right. Only cash is accepted.
- N.C. Children’s Hospital entrance: From Manning Road, turn onto Hospital Drive. Follow the signs for Valet. You may pay in cash, credit or debit.
The Disability Lot has handicapped parking spaces only. This lot is in front of the N.C. Memorial Hospital entrance. Parking here costs the same as parking in Dogwood Deck. If the Disability Lot is full, more handicapped spaces can be found on each level of Dogwood Deck.
Directions to the N.C. Cancer Hospital
If you are using a GPS or Navigation system, type “UNC Hospitals” as your end point. The directions will take you to Manning Drive. You can get to all of the parking options from Manning Drive.
- From I-40 East: Take Exit 273 and head west on Highway 54 towards Chapel Hill.
- From I-40 West: Take Exit 273A and head west on Highway 54 towards Chapel Hill.
Drive 3.1 miles on Highway 54 West. Merge right onto US 15-501 South. At the top of the ramp, turn right onto US 15-501. Go about 1 mile and turn right onto Manning Drive. UNC Hospitals is on the right.
Chapel Hill Transit offers fare-free busing to the UNC Medical Center on many of its routes. Routes also serve the Family Medicine Center and the ACC. Schedule & route information.
The Triangle Transit Authority also offers multiple bus routes to the UNC Medical Center from surrounding cities like Raleigh, Durham, Apex, Garner and Hillsborough. Schedule & route information.
UNC Medical Center offers a free shuttle service to all hospital parking lots and decks, the Ronald McDonald House and Chapel Hill’s various Park and Ride Lots. These shuttles operate from 5:30 p.m. – 1:30 a.m., every day, including weekends and holidays.
In addition, the evening shuttle service is available to help valet customers retrieve their vehicles after the valet desk closes at 7:30 p.m. If you have questions about evening shuttle service, please call 919-810-6957.
Another overnight shuttle service for patients and visitors operates from 1:30 a.m. – 6:00 a.m. The free shuttle is available to transport visitors to and from all hospital parking lots and all Chapel Hill Park and Ride locations. The shuttle is stationed outside of the Emergency Department.
If you need the shuttle service but are located in another part of the Medical Center, Hospital Police can contact it for you.