Oncology Nurse Navigators at the N.C. Cancer Hospital
At N.C. Cancer Hospital, your oncology nurse navigator works with you and your doctor to help plan the best care for you, both in and out of the hospital.
UNC Cancer Care offers Nurse Navigation services at the N.C. Cancer Hospital at no extra cost. Nurse Navigators are trained to ensure that your journey before, during or after the cancer experience is as smooth as possible.
Oncology Nurse Navigators at UNC Cancer Care provide support by:
- Assessing patients’ physical, emotional, psychosocial, spiritual and financial needs
- Initiating referrals to ensure patients are connected with community resources
- Coordinating diagnostics, procedures and specialist appointments
- Providing patient education
- Collaborating with the oncology team