**Deadline for applications is COB Friday, March 4, 2022 for the Spring cycle**
The Cancer Outcomes Research Program provides two opportunities per year, spring and fall, for students, fellows, and trainees to apply for travel funding. The program provides up to $2,000 per trainee per travel opportunity to help defray the costs of air travel, registration, and other related expenses so that trainees can attend and present cancer-related research at scientific meetings.
Other approved uses for travel award funds are attending scientific meetings, workshops, seminars, and training programs to enhance skills in a cancer-related area, as well as engaging in collaborative research in the community.
- Spring cycle: call for applications in late January/early February
- Fall cycle: call for applications in July/early August.
If travel falls very close to one of the application deadlines, the program does consider applications for “early decision.”
- **DOMESTIC TRAVEL ONLY SPRING 2022**
- Applicant must be a current UNC student or fellow/trainee at the time of the application and at the time of the proposed travel
- To be reimbursed, applicants must submit an application and be awarded a travel award prior to commencing travel
- Preference will give to those who have not received a travel award in the past, and who have been invited to present research at a scientific conference
- Because these awards are state funds, all travel must follow UNC policy. All awardees will attend a mandatory meeting with the Outcomes Program Manager and the Lineberger to go over policies and to assist with travel planning
- Expenses such as registration and airline tickets can be paid for in advance using the award, but the majority of expenses are reimbursed after the travel, per UNC policy.
- Reimbursement will be made based on actual expenses, up to the limit of $2,000 per travel per trainee. The travel award cannot be used to cover multiple travels.
For any questions about this award, please contact Eden Gifford, email@example.com.