Pope Clinical Trainee Awards
The UNC Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center solicits nominations for the annual Pope Clinical Trainee Awards, funded by the John William Pope Foundation, to honor outstanding clinical trainees for their cancer research accomplishments and clinical excellence.
These awards recognize outstanding senior fellows or residents (MD and MD/PhD) for performance of a cancer-related clinical or translational research project (abstract or full publication) and for demonstration of excellence in clinical cancer care.
Nominations may come from any cancer-related clinical discipline. Nominations should include:
- A one- to two-page letter from a faculty mentor describing the nominee and their clinical research achievement.
- A short letter of endorsement from the fellow/residency director regarding clinical excellence.
- The nominee’s curriculum vitae.
- A one-page description of the research submitted by the trainee.
- Completed cover page – download application cover page (required)