We are here for you, and have a variety of programs and services available at UNC to help.
Comprehensive Cancer Support Program (CCSP)
The CCSP offers a wide range of educational and clinical support services for cancer patients and their families at the N.C. Basnight Cancer Hospital. The CCSP team is committed to providing compassionate care to people and their loved ones who have been touched by cancer.
Some CCSP offerings include:
- Support Groups: Find mental health and emotional support groups for cancer patients facilitated by UNC faculty and staff.
- Financial & Legal Assistance: Counselors are available to meet with you for legal and financial resources, including health insurance and medication cost.
- Health Coaching & Physical Activity: We offer many ways for cancer patients and survivors to make physical activity part of their daily life, and improve how you feel and function.
- Integrative Medicine: Integrative medicine offers a personal health approach by combining conventional medical approaches with safe complementary therapies such as yoga, massage and acupuncture.
- Mary Anne Long Brighter Image Boutique: Our boutique offers services to help patients prepare for appearance changes related to cancer and its treatment, such as comfortable head coverings for men and women.
The Adolescent and Young Adult (AYA) Cancer Program
Teenagers and young adults have different needs than other cancer patients. Your cancer treatment affects your education, relationships, career, independence, fertility and more. The Adolescent and Young Adult (AYA) Cancer Program works with patients age 13-39 to provide one-on-one support, programs and events for patients, and AYA-specific financial and emotional resources.
Young Adult Sarcoma and Palliative Care Team
Our oncology, adolescent and young adult (AYA), and palliative care teams work together to provide comprehensive support that’s tailored to your needs as a young adult.
Dedicated oncology nutritionists provide individual nutrition counseling, group classes and educational programs. Our team understands the many challenges related to treatment and recovery from cancer.
Connect with our survivorship program for tools and support to help you move beyond your illness and positively impact your quality of life.
Older patients with cancer can be seen by both an expert in their type of cancer as well as a geriatric oncologist to maximize the quality of care for each individual. The Geriatric Oncology Program brings together expertise from across UNC to ensure the highest quality cancer care for older patients and to conduct research that furthers understanding of the factors affecting cancer treatment in the elderly.