Survivorship Care Plans & Clinics
Survivorship care plans are a tool to help create an easier transition to life after cancer for both you and your primary care provider.
Ask your cancer doctor or nurse for one after treatment is over. It will include a treatment summary and care plan for what is ahead.
When you get a survivorship care plan, it will help you:
- Address any physical and emotional concerns you have following cancer treatment.
- Understand the treatment you received and it’s potential side effects.
- Recommendations for follow-up care, also known as surveillance, such as check ups with your doctor, tests, and what to expect.
- Develop a personalized action plan for healthy living.
- Get other referrals as needed (for example: symptom management or medication clinics, nutrition consult, etc.).
- Transition back to your community health care provider by providing a concise summary of your cancer treatment and a survivorship care plan for you and your primary care provider.
UNC Survivorship Clinics
Call (919) 966-3494 to schedule an appointment for the following survivorship clinics at UNC-Chapel Hill:
- Breast Survivorship Clinic
- Testicular Survivorship Clinic
- Bone Marrow Transplant Long Term Follow-Up Clinic