UNC Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center members requiring cell culture services, reagents, or supplies in their research use the TCF on a regular basis. TCF services currently offered include:
- Training and technical assistance for researchers who require additional cell culture skills or expertise.
- Expert consultation to researchers with regard to cell culture, media, new techniques, or troubleshooting.
- Expansion and freeze-down services for researcher cell lines.
- Large-scale cell culture capabilities for researchers requiring large numbers of cells or large volumes of conditioned medium containing cell metabolites or proteins.
- Long-term liquid nitrogen cryogenic storage of investigators’ cell lines and other research samples.
- The TCF partners with Genetica Cell Line Services (part of LabCorp) to offer the most stringent qPCR-based Mycoplasma contamination testing for cell or DNA samples.
- The TCF also utilizes Genetica Cell Line Services for STR profiling of cell lines.
To find out more about any of these services, contact TCF Manager Jeff Maycock, email@example.com