UNC Lineberger Travel Awards
As part of the National Cancer Institute’s Cancer Research Training and Education Coordination (CRTEC) initiative, UNC Lineberger’s Training & Education program provides up to $1,500 for students, fellows, and trainees to help defray the costs of travel, registration, and other related expenses to attend and/or present at cancer-related scientific meetings. Travel award funds may also be used to attend workshops, seminars, and training programs to enhance skills in a cancer-related area.
- Applicant must be a current UNC student, fellow, or trainee, both at time of application and at time of the proposed travel.
- Applicant must not already be supported by an NIH T32 training grant.
- If successful, applicants must receive notification of a travel award prior to commencing travel.
- Preference will be given to applicants who have not previously been the recipient of a travel award and those who have received an invitation to present research at a scientific conference.
- Applications are accepted and reviewed quarterly.
These awards are state funds and all travel must follow UNC policy. Supported expenses include registration fees; airline, train or bus tickets; ground transportation; lodging; and per diem rates for food following NC regulations.
Registration and travel costs can be paid for in advance using the award; other expenses are reimbursed after the travel as per UNC policy. Reimbursement will be made for covered expenses up to $1,500.
If you have questions regarding this award, please reach out to UNC Lineberger Training & Education: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications are now open. The next application deadline is on June 30, 2023.
After starting the application, your progress will be saved for you to complete later, at any time for up to one week.
- Emily Fennell, PhD – Pharmacology, attending and presenting at the Gordon Research Conference, March 2023 (Lucca, Italy)
- Zachary Schranck – MD/PhD student, attending the American Association for Cancer Research Annual Meeting, April 2023 (Orlando, FL)
- Jordyn Brown, MPH – Graduate student (Epidemiology), attending the American Society of Preventive Oncology (ASPO) 2023 Annual Meeting (San Diego, CA)
- Aditi Kothari – Graduate student (Pharmacology), attending the American Association for Cancer Research (AACR) Annual Meeting 2023 (Orlando, FL)
- Sandra (Sandy) Zarmer – Graduate student (Pharmacology), attended the AACR Special Conference: Pancreatic Cancer 2022 (Boston, MA)