- This event has passed.
Update in ITP and TTP — R2P Lecture
February 24 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pmFree
Alice Ma, MD, FACP
The Medical Alumni Loyalty Fund Distinguished Teaching Professor
Director, Division of Hematology Fellowship
UNC Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center
UNC School of Medicine
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Update in ITP and TTP
Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura and Thrombotic Thrombocytopenic Purpura are both autoimmune conditions leading to low platelets, though the mechanism by which the platelets are consumed differs. The lecture will update viewers on new therapies for the treatment of ITP and TTP
- Explain the role of thrombopoietin receptor agonists in the treatment of ITP
- Discuss the role of caplacizumab in the treatment of TTP
- Describe the optimal prophylaxis and immunizations for patients treated with prolonged corticosteroids or other immunosuppressants for ITP and TTP
To Receive FREE Continuing Education Credit
for this Live Lecture:
- Attend 50 minutes or more of the live lecture:
- by using Zoom (registration link above) or
- by going to a designated site.
- Attendees must use Zoom video so they can see the presentation’s slides and video components!
- Joining by Audio-only does not qualify for CE credit!
- After the live lecture, complete an evaluation and download your certificate.
- The Live Activity Evaluation Instructions (LAEI) and password is provided after the lecture to those who attend 50 minutes or more of the live lecture:
- At a designated site, the site coordinator will provide the LAEI.
- With Zoom Webinar, an email containing a link to the LAEI will be sent within 24 hours of the lecture
- You have 7 days from the date of the lecture to complete your electronic evaluation and claim a certificate of credit.
- Certification Flyers
- Presentation Handout
- MediaSite Live Link (Livestream of lecture)
- Tip sheet for how to use Zoom to connect to UNCLCN Live Lectures
UNCLCN Site Coordinators:
- All documents and information for Site Coordinators can be accessed on the UNCLCN Learning Portal.
Self-Paced, Online Courses
with FREE Continuing Education Credit:
- This lecture will be available as a FREE Self-Paced, Online Course in about a month.
- Please visit learn.unccn.org to peruse our many Self-Paced, Online Courses.
*Lecture topic subject to change.
Photo courtesy of Brian Strickland.