Meeting the Needs of Undocumented Patients with Cancer
March 11 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pmFree
Julia Rodriguez-O’Donnell, LCSW
Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Oncology Outpatient Clinics
UNC Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center
UNC School of Medicine
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Meeting the Needs
of Undocumented Patients with Cancer
Julia Rodriguez-O’Donnell, LCSW, will discuss ethical and practical considerations related to providing care for undocumented patients with cancer, with particular attention to considerations relevant to cancer care in North Carolina.
- Define immigration terminology, legal rights and barriers experienced by undocumented and non-English-speaking patients seeking cancer and other health care in the US and NC
- Describe ethical and practical concerns for delivering comprehensive cancer care to undocumented patients with cancer and their families
- Discuss medical center and community resources to assist undocumented patients and their families to receive best practice cancer care
To Receive FREE Continuing Education Credit
for this Live Lecture:
- Attend 50 minutes or more of the live lecture:
- After the live lecture, complete an evaluation and download your certificate.
- The Live Activity Evaluation Instructions (LAEI) and password is provided after the lecture to those who attend 50 minutes or more of the live lecture:
- At a designated site, the site coordinator will provide the LAEI.
- With Zoom Webinar, an email containing a link to the LAEI will be sent within 24 hours of the lecture
- You have 7 days from the date of the lecture to complete your electronic evaluation and claim a certificate of credit.
- Certification Flyers (Coming soon)
- JPEG Flyer
- PDF Flyer
- Presentation Handout (Coming soon)
- 2-Up Version
- 3-Up Version
- MediaSite Live Link (Livestream of lecture; recording available for viewing within 48 hours of lecture.)
UNCCN Site Coordinators:
- All documents and information for UNCCN Site Coordinators can be accessed on the UNC Cancer Network Learning Portal.
Self-Paced, Online Courses
with FREE Continuing Education Credit:
- This lecture will be available as a FREE Self-Paced, Online Course in April 2020.
- Please visit learn.unccn.org to peruse our many Self-Paced, Online Courses.
*Lecture topic subject to change.