- This event has passed.
Use of Opioids in Patients with Cancer in North Carolina
April 8 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pmFree
Amy M. Goetzinger, PhD
Department of Anesthesiology, Division of Pain Medicine
UNC Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center
UNC School of Medicine
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Use of Opioids in Patients with Cancer
in North Carolina
Amy M. Goetzinger, PhD will discuss concerns and strategies related to the use of opioids in patients with cancer in North Carolina. Dr. Goetzinger will discuss best recommended strategies for the identification and management of cancer-related pain.
- Explain factors and the current response of the opioid crisis over time.
- Identify best practices of opioid use for cancer-related pain.
- Describe alternative strategies and therapies for cancer-related pain.
To Receive FREE Continuing Education Credit
for this Live Lecture:
- Attend 50 minutes or more of the live lecture:
- After the live lecture, complete an evaluation and download your certificate.
- The Live Activity Evaluation Instructions (LAEI) and password is provided after the lecture to those who attend 50 minutes or more of the live lecture:
- At a designated site, the site coordinator will provide the LAEI.
- With Zoom Webinar, an email containing a link to the LAEI will be sent within 24 hours of the lecture
- You have 7 days from the date of the lecture to complete your electronic evaluation and claim a certificate of credit.
- Certification Flyers
- Presentation Handout
- MediaSite Live Link (Livestream of lecture; recording available for viewing within 48 hours of lecture.)
UNCCN Site Coordinators:
- All documents and information for UNCCN Site Coordinators can be accessed on the UNC Cancer Network Learning Portal.
Self-Paced, Online Courses
with FREE Continuing Education Credit:
- This lecture will be available as a FREE Self-Paced, Online Course in May 2020.
- Please visit learn.unccn.org to peruse our many Self-Paced, Online Courses.
*Lecture topic subject to change.