- This event has passed.
Delivering Survivorship Care in North Carolina
May 13 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pmFree
Deborah Mayer, PhD, RN, AOCN, FAAN
Frances Hill Fox Distinguished Professor
UNC School of Nursing
Adult Health, Oncology
UNC Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center
UNC School of Medicine
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Delivering Survivorship Care
in North Carolina
An aging population, a growing number of cancer survivors, and a projected shortage of cancer care providers will result in a challenge in delivering the care for cancer survivors in the United States if systemic changes are not made, according to a commentary in the Journal of the National Cancer Institute. Dr. Mayer will discuss these issues with particular consideration to providing cancer survivorship care in North Carolina.
- Analyze cancer survivorship trends and define cancer survivorship
- Describe unmet needs of cancer survivors and identify the components of survivorship
- Outline current and evolving models of survivorship care
To Receive FREE Continuing Education Credit
for this Live Lecture:
- Attend 50 minutes or more of the live lecture:
- by using Zoom (registration link above) or
- by going to a designated site.
- Zoom attendance must use video! Joining by Audio-only does not qualify for CE credit!
- After the live lecture, complete an evaluation and download your certificate.
- The Live Activity Evaluation Instructions (LAEI) and password is provided after the lecture to those who attend 50 minutes or more of the live lecture:
- At a designated site, the site coordinator will provide the LAEI.
- With Zoom Webinar, an email containing a link to the LAEI will be sent within 24 hours of the lecture
- You have 7 days from the date of the lecture to complete your electronic evaluation and claim a certificate of credit.
- Certification Flyers
- Presentation Handout
- MediaSite Live Link (Livestream of lecture; recording available for viewing within 48 hours of lecture.)
- Tip sheet for how to use Zoom to connect to UNC Cancer Network Live Lectures
- Follow-up Questions answered by Dr. Deborah Mayer, PhD, RN, AOCN, FAAN
UNCCN Site Coordinators:
- All documents and information for UNCCN Site Coordinators can be accessed on the UNC Cancer Network Learning Portal.
Self-Paced, Online Courses with FREE Continuing Education Credit:
- This lecture will be available as a FREE Self-Paced, Online Course in June 2020.
- Please visit learn.unccn.org to peruse our many Self-Paced, Online Courses.
*Lecture topic subject to change.