- This event has passed.
The Role of Race in Cancer Diagnosis, Treatment and Survivorship
June 10 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pmFree
Samuel Cykert, MD
Professor, Division of General Medicine and Clinical Epidemiology
Director, UNC School of Medicine Program on Health and Clinical Informatics
Associate Director, Medical Education, NC AHEC Program
Clinician and Researcher
UNC Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center
UNC School of Medicine
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Christina Yongue, MPH, MCHES
Director, Undergraduate Studies
Department of Public Health Education
UNCG School of Health and Human Sciences
University of North Carolina at Greensboro
The Role of Race in Cancer
Diagnosis, Treatment and Survivorship
Samuel Cykert, MD, and Christina Yongue, MPH, MCHES, will discuss the role of race in cancer treatment and survivorship. Topics may include issues around bias, access to care, and addressing disparities with systematic interventions.
- Describe Black-White Disparities in completion of treatment for stages 1 and 2 breast and lung cancer.
- Describe how community should be involved in the prevention of disparities in cancer care.
- Describe the difference between system-based and individual based interventions and how systematic intervention is most likely to attenuate structural racism.
- Recognize how clinical informatics combined with human responsibility can provide the transparency and accountability to overcome systematic bias.
To Receive FREE Continuing Education Credit
for this Live Lecture:
- Attend 50 minutes or more of the live lecture:
- by using Zoom (registration link above) or
- by going to a designated site.
- Zoom attendance must use video! Joining by Audio-only does not qualify for CE credit!
- After the live lecture, complete an evaluation and download your certificate.
- The Live Activity Evaluation Instructions (LAEI) and password is provided after the lecture to those who attend 50 minutes or more of the live lecture:
- At a designated site, the site coordinator will provide the LAEI.
- With Zoom Webinar, an email containing a link to the LAEI will be sent within 24 hours of the lecture
- You have 7 days from the date of the lecture to complete your electronic evaluation and claim a certificate of credit.
- Certification Flyers
- Presentation Handout
- MediaSite Live Link (Livestream of lecture; recording available for viewing within 48 hours of lecture.)
- Tip sheet for how to use Zoom to connect to UNC Cancer Network Live Lectures
UNCCN Site Coordinators:
- All documents and information for UNCCN Site Coordinators can be accessed on the UNC Cancer Network Learning Portal.
Self-Paced, Online Courses with FREE Continuing Education Credit:
- This lecture will be available as a FREE Self-Paced, Online Course in July 2020.
- Please visit learn.unccn.org to peruse our many Self-Paced, Online Courses.
*Lecture topic subject to change.